Wednesday, 12 April 2006

Just checking up...

...on the hit counter.

Blimey, we've had 22 hits in 24 hours! That's far more hits than I thought we'd get. This blog isn't public - in other words, it's not on the Blogger.com listings, so it's effectively 'ex-directory'. That means 22 of our family, friends and acquaintances have read our blog since yesterday.

If I'm going to be totally honest I have to admit that Iain and I have accounted for about six of those hits. So that means 16 people we know have visited the blog since yesterday lunchtime. Either that, or one very forgetful person has visited it sixteen times. Yes, I think that's the more likely explanation. ;-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm too lazy to pass comment on other folks work, but I am nozy enough to check out what you have been up to at least once a week. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

And I can't spell either!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

It's good to hear from you; hope you and Jose are keeping well.

So it was YOU who read the blog sixteen times yesterday! ;-)

Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm frequently bored enough at work to check you out; but not quite bored enough to post comments. Especially when I'd have trouble keeping the envy from my voice.

Ah heck - I shouldn't be envious. I have a nice new wooden floor in my nice new lounge, and Jan's not wrecked it yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,

I've seen the pics of your new house and it looks gorgeous.

Are you sure you haven't posted a comment before? I could have sworn it was you who made the anonymous rude comment about my poem!

Anonymous said...

OK, you got me - posting "anonymously" didn't work this time, and obviously didn't work on any of the previous occasions.

It's a tough call - a lovely new house (like what we've got), or a lovely new country (like what you've got). I'm still unsure as to whether we're supposed to be envious of you, or you us. I'd definately recommend one or the other.

Iain said...

That house of yours looks great, it's inspired us to go down the build-your-own route next. I think we'll spend a couple of years in this place first though - just while we catch our breath :)

Anonymous said...

I would DEFINATELY recommend the "build-your-own" route. But learn from our mistakes - plan every little detail, very carefully, before you place a single brick anywhere on the plot. As it is, we didn't, and have got a downstairs loo that it's hard to get out of, a kitchen with 1m less worktop than it needed, and various other little SNAFUs like that. But it's a LOT better for us than anything we could have bought "second-hand".