Sunday, 14 May 2006

Good Evening All

I've not been doing anything quite as dynamic as Helen, other than being Dixon of Dock Green once a month for community patrol. Actually, we prefer to think of ourselves more like Crockett and Tubbs or Bodie and Doyle. It's not that exciting really, we just drive around in an unmarked patrol car, reporting people walking in a suspicious manner or being a bit naughty. I was tempted to leap out of the car and shout "Freeze, mother f*cker!!" to a little old lady coming out of a sweet shop, but my partner held me back. She was wearing a shifty looking hat though, so i'd have been within my rights, I reckon.

Other than that I've been steadfastly avoiding digging ditches in the patio - ably helped by the weather and tweaking my neck this morning. I'm now staggering about like Lurch, hopefully it'll wear off shortly and I'll resume my digging duties. Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hire one of those mini diggers for the weekend. You'll probably end up demolishing half the house, but you'll have FUN doing so.

I've just got some very strange looks from colleagues as the cat thing had me in fits of giggles. It's not the first time I've read that, so there was no excuse really.

And you missed Beer & Pretzels. Again.

Anonymous said...

Richard, Iain was thinking about coming over for Beer & Pretzels. It would have been worth it just to see the look on Phil's face! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at the image of you doing your 'Sweeney' impression, Iain. What would the kids think of 'Mr Wicketer?'