Monday, 29 January 2007

Home on the Range

Howdy, folks.

After our mighty excitin' travels, we bin done settled back into the old routine here at Whittaker Ranch. Both of us are fair run off our feet with mighty big amounts of work right now, so we ain't got much time for gallivantin'. Consequently, I ain't got nothin' to write about. Be that as it may, that's never stopped me before, and I sure ain't gonna let it stop me now.

Now that I think on it, there was somethin' pretty durn exciting that happened today. Iain moseyed on into town and found out the local stationer's store is selling its merchandise at a discount, what with the schoolhouse opening its doors again real soon - most everythin' is goin' for a song. When he got back home he was staggerin' under the weight of three dozen lever arch files and several hundredweight of poly pockets - that's them thar A4 poly-something-lene filin' pockets, not them pocket-size dressin' up dollies little girls are so fond of. Obviously.

There goes another big ball of tumbleweed, blowin' down Mainstreet.
I like to sit here on the porch, rockin' back and forth in the rockin' chair, twiddlin' my thumbs and watchin' it tumble.

Cousin Helen

3 comments:

RDewsbery said...

Oh dear.

It looks like you've caught something on your trip to South Island. One of those rare diseases. I diagnose a case of apostrophitis.

There are two cures. A lenghty course of antibiotics is likely to be prescribed by your GP. The alternative treatment is to take a flat-bladed screwdriver to your keybopard, and lever off t he key just to the right of the colon/semi-colon. Instant cure. You'll thank me for it in the long run.

On a related note, I saw that Lauren's educational plan calls for her to learn about apostrophes in year 6. Pah. We've been discussing them with her after the word "don't" appeared on her reading list. And tonight, I'm going to read your blog entry to her as an example of what happens when the apostrophe breaks out of the corral and tries to take over the world.

, or alternatively take a screwdriver

Anonymous said...

This latest writing disease of mine is particularly upsetting as I already suffer from chronic exclamationitis.

However, looking at the last line of your comment, it looks as if you've picked up some sort of infection, too. ;-)

RDewsbery said...

Pudgy finger syndrome.

It's affected me for a few years.

Ususally manifests as dodgy spelling, or misplaced capitals and spaces.

Occasionally it leaves whole sentences hanging around after an ill-judged attempt to edit them.

But I really meant what I said about the screwdriver. Do the "1" key at the same time and you'll be cured of both afflictions.