Thursday, 24 May 2007

We're still here!

It's been a while since our last post, but we haven't disappeared off the face of the planet just yet. We've both been fairly busy of late - Helen with her writing work and me with lecturing and such like. We've not been up to anything especially exciting, just the usual day to day stuff. I'm plugging away at an adult ed. qualification in my spare time and Helen is still hammering away at her novel.

Two events of note:

1) Jane (my sister) & Pete are coming for an extended trip early next year - they're doing a 7 week tour of NZ and we're going to hook up for a week or so while they are on North Island. I'm really looking forward to that - it's cool showing people around this place and it'll be great to catch up with the old foggies! :P

2) We got up and running on a web cam. Had a nice chat to Jane & Pete using Skype, which worked really well - even with our temperamental net connection. If anyone else fancies hooking up via Skype, my user name is fnarrfnarr.

I'm off to watch Liverpool loose the Champions League now, with the next door neighbour. He's been avoiding the result all day, so I've got to pretend I don't know either. I lasted about 30 seconds at work before someone blabbed the result! Odd that 12,000 miles away from the UK I work in an office with 2 other Liverpool supporters (in fact we're the only blokes in the office and the only footy fans - all the women prefer rugby!) The replay starts at 10pm tonight, we've got a case of beer to get through and I've got to give a 3 hour lecture on the NZ Curriculum Framework at 9am tomorrow morning. I'm glad I'm not one of my students!!

2 comments:

RDewsbery said...

Since when did you become a Liverpool supporter, then? Or have you finally dispaired of the mighty Vale winning anything more than a mars bar?

Iain said...

Since I was 8.

The Vale thing is just to give vent to my masochistic streak. The Mighty Vale have always played 2nd string to the Reds I'm afraid.