Tuesday, 30 October 2007

A change in direction?

I'm currently mulling over a change in the blog (while sitting on the porch, soaking up the sun - I'm off work with a lergie, so mulling is all I feel like doing at the moment!). Keeping momentum on a blog is pretty difficult, our entries have tailed off to one or two a month and I suspect people don't visit as much without the regular updates.

A change is as good as a rest, so one way of getting a bit of enthusiasm back would be to switch to doing a monthly video diary or podcast, backed up with a photo gallery and website. We'd set it up so that you could subscribe via a newsfeed or iTunes and have a set date each month when we published. Whaddya think?

3 comments:

Mike Short said...

I think it could be a great way to, say, get back in touch with people you thought you'd ditched back at University...

RDewsbery said...

I hate podcasts, and the idea of a video-blog has me running for the hills.

Iain said...

Hi Mike, long time no see! I'll dash off an email to catch up properly, just as soon as I've stopped running around like a headless chicken at work.


Richard, I agree. I'm thinking I'll probably just do the odd video for family as and when the need arises, and keep going on this blog. We'll have more to write about soon, hopefully!