Friday, 10 April 2009

Easter

Easter kicked off with an office Easter egg hunt, which involved hurtling around foggy country roads and doing a range of dares in order to earn our Easter choccies! A fair amount of alcohol was consumed and I suspect there were a few sore heads this morning. Somehow we conspired to leave all our Easter eggs behind!

Our Easter egg team Dean, Helen, Nicole & me


Over the last few days our concrete guy, Carlo, has been very busy digging out a track and boxing up the slab ready for pouring sometime next week. The electrician and phone company are coming to lay their cables before the hardcore goes down on the drive and the plumber is pencilled in to come and stick bits of pipe into the foundations before the concrete gets poured. It's all getting rather exciting now - hopefully it won't be long before we can get stuck into the building proper. I've booked 3 weeks off work in anticipation of the slab being finished, so hopefully it all goes according to plan.

The partially excavated drive

Carlo's mate, Eric, using subtlety and precision to place the boxing for the foundation slab


Me testing out the drive

1 comment:

Hywela Lyn said...

Lovely photos Helen. I have to admit to being green with envy - as far as the 'planning' procedures go. It took TEN YEARS and two public appeals for me to get permission to build a bungalow on my small piece of land in Wales, at the end of which time I was no longer in a position to be able to build or afford anything else in the area - hence I'm exiled to England, although my heart is still in Wales. They seem a lot less restrictive in NZ anyway, which is great and I'm so happy for you both. How exciting and how lovely to have such beautiful and unrestricted views.