Sunday, 26 July 2009

Merlin of the purlins

It's Sunday evening, I'm tired, my brain has turned to mush, and my hands are playing up from a combination of arthritis, RSI and excessive use of a club hammer, which means I won't be typing much, and I'll be letting the pictures do most of the talking.


It was a glorious day today. This is the view down the valley from the top of our driveway.


I spent most of the weekend up scaffolding, hammering wire dogs and z-nails into the trusses. This is the view from my little perch. Nice, eh?


On Saturday Iain got the car stuck in the mud. Our neighbour Mike, who sold us the land, offered to pull us out with his quad bike...


...but the quad bike wasn't up to the job, so he had to use his tractor instead!


Driving home through a sea of sheep on Saturday


Iain, AKA 'Merlin of the purlins' attaches the first purlin on the southern side of the house.


Progress so far - a view of the house from the west

No comments: