A couple of days ago we finished building the verandah roof, which means...drum roll...
...the framing is now complete.
The building inspector inspected the framing yesterday, and, much to our surprise, it passed.
An embarrassing blot on the landscape: our building site. From left to right: the posts for the yurt deck, a pile of soil and clay dug up when the water and septic tanks were buried, the water tanks (with septic system barely visible in front), blue tarp with the concrete mixer underneath, pile of earth from the slab excavations (front) the caravan (middle) and house (back), pile of hardcore left over from the driveway (front), our car (middle), piles of timber (back), our yurt
The first beam of our yurt deck
Iain takes a break from building the deck
Now that the framing's been signed off we can get on with closing the house in. The roof goes on first, then the cladding and finally the windows.
Today we put in an order for the roof. There's a 2-week lead time on that, so we've now got a couple of weeks during which we can concentrate on building the deck for the yurt. Unfortunately they're forecasting several days of heavy rain and gale-force winds to coincide with our days off at the weekend. We're looking forward to the time when the house is closed in and we're working on the interiror, because the weather won't be able to hold us up then.