Friday, 22 December 2006

I'm so excited!

A couple of weeks back I was chatting to Alison, one of my fellow students on the Te Reo Maori course, and when I told her Mo had died she asked whether I was looking for a new cat, because her friend's cat had recently had kittens. I said that sounded interesting, so she said she'd get her friend to ring me. Well, I forgot all about it, and this afternoon I got a call from Alison's friend, Dawn.

Iain and I have just come back from viewing the kittens and they're gorgeous. Their mum Snuffy is a very confident, affectionate and intelligent grey and white cat with a lovely silky coat. She came to greet us as soon as we arrived, and when she saw we were going to see the kittens, she ran ahead and called them to her so that she could show them off. There are five kittens - two males and three females. Two of them are already spoken for - a tortoiseshell female and a black male, leaving three grey and whites needing a home. We've chosen the stockiest-looking female, who has unusual splotches of pinkish-beige fur. I've decided to name her Smudge, because it suits her markings (and it also sounds good with 'Pookie' - try it!)

Dawn is happy to keep Smudge for us until we get back from holiday. So it's all systems go for a new kitty when we get back! I just hope Pookie copes OK with the new addition to the family!

Helen

No comments: